Thursday 9 August 2012

I like Asperger's

I get asked a lot about my Asperger's by people that know me and know I have it. I remember being asked if I would change myself if I could. My answer has now become that I like my Asperger's, because if I did not have Asperger's I would not be me.

It took a long time for the Mum and Dad to find out that I had Asperger's. Mum says it took nearly 5 years all together. Which is quite a long time. I remember when Mum and Dad were trying to find out what made me behave the way I do that I used to ask her when the doctors were going to take the bad me away. I was even in the North Devon Journal on the front page because of how long it was taking.

That was nearly three years ago now and now that I am nearly 10 I think I understand myself more. It doesn't stop me from getting in trouble though. That's why I think that all people with autism should get special help at school and at home.

I think that at school children should get independent help. I remember a boy at my old school who had a person to sit with him and explain what the teacher was talking about. A couple of times I had that person help me and I got lots and lots of really good work done.

At home I think that someone should come and talk to the children and their families to help them to understand them better.

If I had help at school I would be able to concentrate better and no one would be able to bully me and the teachers might understand me better and not blame me when things happen that are not my fault. When I go back to school I am going to write about what happens at school each day.

It's been really sunny and hot today and I forgot to drink lots so I have a headache tonight, but I had lots of fun out with my friends though.

Thanks for reading and please donate :)
Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment