Friday 10 August 2012

Excited and nervous

Mum is taking me out today. Which is great. I am hoping we can go somewhere where I can get hockings ice cream, because it is the best.

The problem is, that she hasn't told me yet where or when we are going and that makes me nervous. I always like to know what we are doing and the times that we are doing it so that I can make sure we stick to it and don't be late. Mum says it's one of my things. I just think that if we are going to do something we should stick to it. Thats why sometimes if we have gone out and then we end up doing something that I don't know about I get worried and then sometimes get really angry. Mum and Dad usually tell me whats happening for the day, but sometimes they try to test me by not telling me or doing something different, just so that I can learn to try and cope with it. It has worked because I'm much better than I used to be at not getting angry but I do still get nervous.

I actually normally find it quite difficult to talk about things like this. What some people think is unusual is just normal to me. So it takes me ages to write about it. I really hope people who read it understand what I'm talking about.

Hopefully later on I can let you know what happened, the weather looks nice again so could be a lovely day.

Lewis

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lewis. I work with your dad at Bray Leino. I’ve written for some of the biggest newspapers in the world and published a book. You have an honest, impressive and concise writing style. Think of how you can use that to your advantage: The problem with non-Aspergers people is they’re taught to write at school in a way that doesn’t work for readers. They set-out their thoughts and (eventually) reach a conclusion, assuming the reader is like a teacher and is paid to wade through all your words. You should (and do) write like The Sun Newspaper. Capture people with a headline, give ‘em the facts, fast and straight. And let people effortlessly follow every word and sentence. I’ve read you’re blog. It’s brilliant. And I suspect you are too. The world’s sort of divided between people that can. And people that can’t. You can. You will. Keep writing. We’re reading. I’ll be checking-in. Cheers, Marc

    ReplyDelete