Wednesday 29 August 2012

Donkey Day

Today I went to see my great nan, and she really is great. We decided to go to the Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth. When we got to the Donkey Sanctuary, we went straight to have lunch. I had a tuna mayo and sweetcorn sandwich and mum, dad and nan all had a pannini. Then we all had a slice of cake.
After that we headed outside but it was raining still, but it was getting brighter so we had a look around and stroked some lovely old donkeys. The funniest part of the day was when one of the Donkeys was pulling on another donkey's coller and pulled it off. We then headed over to the gift shop where we had a look around. I found some donkey mittens, but decided it was not the time to get those yet. But I did find a cool little pencil with a donkey on the top of it, nanny got it for me and got mum a donkey letter rack. She also got a doormat and a pink bag.
What was typical was that it had been a bit wet and windy all the time we were there and then just as we left it started to get really warm and sunny!

I am hoping to go back to the donkey sanctuary soon as there is a special centre there called The Elisabeth Svendson Trust for Children and Donkeys. They do special sessions called riding therapy for children with special needs. I think it would be really cool to go there and ride some donkeys and groom them as well.

When we left there we went back to nanny's house to see my great aunty and their cute little dog Kez. Kez is a little white bichon frise.

Thanks again for reading my blog, you are awsome. See you late dudes.
Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment