Wednesday 8 August 2012

I hate socks!

One of the things that my Asperger's is really bad for me is the way socks feel on my feet.

If I get them even the slightest bit wet, just a couple of drips, I just cannot wear them. I just feel like I so cannot wear them, that I have to change them.

If there is a thread on them and it catches on my toe nails I HAVE to get another pair. In fact even the seam in the end of the socks really bugs me. My Mum and Dad have even bought me some special socks without seams to try and help. This is the place that they got them. Hopefully if other people feel the same way as I do they might be able to get some too. The Sock Shop

I am actually enjoying the summer holidays at the moment as it means I can wear my crocs or sandals and not have to wear those horrible socks at all at the moment.

One day me, Dad and Mum went on a walk to a forest. It was a nature walk so it was not abandoned. On the walk we saw lots of wildlife and while we were walking through the wood-chip parts I kept getting loads of wood-chips in my crocs. So I told Dad that I had to get some socks from home but he said, get over it, as there were lots of people walking around with shoes like mine and it was not bothering them. I could not get over it and kept stopping to empty my crocs every few steps. Eventually Dad let me use his socks! Which was really nice of him, but they were a bit big! So Dad folded them over to fit me.
If you look closely at my feet you can see those big smelly socks!

So I suppose socks do have a purpose. I just cannot stand having anything slightly uncomfortable against my toes or feet.

If you feel the same way as I do, please let me know. Email your stories to me at LewisJonesRobinson@gmail.com

Hope you are having a great summer. See you tomorrow.
Lewis


3 comments:

  1. My son has Autism and he is 7. He likes to take one sock off and walk around the house like that.

    He also hates it when he gets his socks wet, or any other item of clothing.

    We have found there are many children who are like this, so you are not alone. But they tend to live far apart, so can't get together and play easily.

    I have enjoyed your blog and have read every post.

    Keep up the good work.

    Lyndon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Aspergers and I also have issues with socks, particularly if they are wet, or I can feel the seam. I also have issues with shoes, and my feet feeling like they are 'suffocating' in them. I try to stay barefoot whenever possible, even it it's not very practical here in the desert.

    Your blog is lovely. Keep it up!

    Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to find your blog. My seven year old son, Jacob, has aspergers and hates the feel of his socks. So, I just found your link to the sock shop and have ordered him some. Thank you! Lovely blog. Well done.

    ReplyDelete