Saturday 11 August 2012

Good thing goes bad!

In the morning today I went out on my bike for an hour. When I got back we went out for lunch to the pub. While we were there we met one of Mum's friends. She brought her husband, along and we sat at the table and had a pint! Her husband was really funny and brought us a coke.
After lunch we saw a man dressed up as a woman!
We went home to get ready to go to the fete at the village hall. We had a go on some games but then I went on a horse ride. I really liked the horse because it was the biggest one there and black and cute. The horses name was Melvin.
It was really lucky that I went on that ride because I saw my bike that I must have left at the park in the morning. So all the way back down on the horse I was worried that Dad would be really angry! My bike helmet was not there though but we managed to find it. It was not the place where I had left it and neither was my bike, so someone must of rode on it without my permission. My helmet was in the thorny bushes and my bike was miles away from where I had left it. So at the end of the day it was all OK. I have been grounded for 2 days though for leaving my bike, but I did not mean to.

I think that my Asperger's might have played a part in it because it made me forget that I had taken my bike, even though I do have a good memory for facts and things. I think the reason that I forgot it was because I get easily distracted by things. I was playing with the coconut shy whilst it was being set up for the fete. I'm really surprised that I didn't remember my bike because I was looking straight at it whilst playing. I then realised what the time was and knew that I had to get home. I hate being late for anything so just ran home, completely forgetting my bike.

I felt really sad for being grounded and missing the dog show part of the fete. So the day had started really well, I had a lovely time and then it all went wrong because of one little mistake. But at least I've still got my bike and still ha d a ride on Melvin.

Lewis

1 comment:

  1. Donna aka YorkshireteaJenny15 August 2012 at 14:06

    Lewis, I am a friend of your Mummy (yes, I do sad scrapping stuff as well). I love this story! I once went to the shops on my bike and forgot all about it until later on. Like you I was lucky and got my bike back!! I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete